1.0wte Senior Dietitian Permanent Full- Time
Peamount Healthcare is currently recruiting for a Permanent Full-Time Senior Dietitian position 1.0WTE (37 hours per week).
*Please note that reassignment within DMHG may apply in the event that funding ceases for this post within Peamount Healthcare*
A panel may be formed to fill possible future temporary / permanent – senior vacancies within Peamount Healthcare. The successful candidate will report to the Dietitian Manager.
The successful candidate will be expected to meet the following criteria:
All candidates should hold a recognized qualification in Dietetics and must possess the following prior to the closing date of receipt of applications:
- Hold a Dietitian qualification recognised by CORU, and be currently holding certificate of registration on the Dietitian Register of CORU, maintained by the Dietitians Registration Board at CORU annually with evidence of same (proof to be provided before contract can be issued), and
- Have three years post qualification dietetic experience, and
- Evidence of CPD and / or experience delivering dietetic services in the relevant areas: In particular Nutrition support to include enteral feeding and dysphagia in adults, age related care, neurological conditions, and intellectual disabilities
- Knowledge of safer better healthcare HIQA standards, HIQA standards for residential services for people with disabilities, relevant national clinical care programmes such as stroke, rehabilitation and neurology and their application to dietetic service delivery.
- A flexible approach to carrying out the duties of the post including providing dietetic cover to other clinical areas of Peamount healthcare as required.
- Have the requisite knowledge, including a high standard of suitability and professional ability, for the proper discharge of the duties of this post as senior dietitian
- Demonstrates team working skills and ability to build strong working relationships with multidisciplinary team members and colleagues of all grades
- Excellent problem solving, time management and communication skills.
- A person-centred approach, which is respectful towards service users/residents, staff and others.
- Be fully competent and capable of undertaking duties required in this position and be in a state of health to provide regular and efficient service, and be of good character
- At least 6 months experience working in the area of stroke / neurological conditions / age related rehabilitation and experience working with adults with Intellectual Disability
- At least 1 year experience working with patients requiring enteral feeding, practical experience with tube changes and good practical knowledge of enteral tube types and accessories.
- Catering and food service skills experience.
- Evidence of completion of training in behavior change therapy skills course.
- Evidence of experience in developing, reviewing, implementing and auditing policies and SOPs.
- Evidence of experience in engaging in and monitoring compliance with nutrition related HIQA standards and any national nutrition related policies and guidelines relevant to this post
- Experience in effectively supervising staff grade dietitians and nutrition and dietetic students
Closing date for receipt of applications for the above post is Monday 25th January 2021 12:00
How to Apply:
Interested Applicant should submit their Cover Letter and CV no later than 12noon on January 25th , 2021 through the following link https://api.occupop.com/shared/job/senior-dietitian-permanent-full-time-rq3-HGjX
Interview Details: Interviews will take place on 03rd February 2021 via Zoom
Informal queries can be directed to Dietitian Manager: Jackie Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01 6010326
Job descriptions are available from the Human Resources Department via email request to email@example.com
Remuneration for all positions will be in accordance with the Department of Health and Children salary scale commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience.
Peamount does not require the use of recruitment agencies.
Canvassing will disqualify applicants. Peamount is an equal opportunities employer.